Employee engagement and performance management are essential drivers to organizational effectiveness. By building high-trust relationships and focusing on developing your leadership skills using coaching and communication, you will be in a position to develop a workplace culture where employees and the organization will benefit from increased employee engagement and performance.
About the Certificate in Coaching for Leadership
The Coaching for Leadership certificate program is an innovative online non-degree-credit program that extends the University's knowledge and expertise in leadership development. This unique and innovative program encourages leaders to take on the role of the coach, reflecting a fresh approach to leadership development. Using technology to facilitate face-to-face practice coaching conversations, the Coaching for Leadership certificate program can be customized to meet the learning and development needs of employees within an organization.
The program is delivered entirely online and can be completed within one year.
This program provides value to businesses through an enhanced understanding of the drivers of employee engagement, improved communication, and performance management. Participants in the program include senior leaders, managers, supervisors, human resources professionals, project managers, or anyone who is aspiring to be a leader.
Our program instructors are highly experienced in leadership coaching and development, and provide exceptional guidance through relevant work experience and online facilitation.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the elements of a coaching culture in your department or organization, which is defined as a functional, engaging, high-performance, collaborative environment
- Fully Engage others through effective communication for increased energy, focus and productivity
- Apply the right communication approach to the right time for accountability and results
- Coach using a proven, effective method (COACH© for Engagement)
- Ensure that you are being respected while respecting others
- Understand the significance and impact of character (intention, thoughts, feelings and behaviour)
- Harness conflict for positive outcomes and to build trust
Upon successful program completion, you will achieve:
- Increased leadership capacity
- Tools for developing leadership skills in others
- A University of Guelph Certificate in Coaching for Leadership
In order to receive your Certificate in Coaching for Leadership, you must complete four online courses; these courses can be completed in any order within one year.
After completing the Coaching for Leadership Certificate program, you will be able to coach employees in achieving their performance goals and identify areas for further development. If you are a human resources (HR) professional, coaching is a skill set that will make you more marketable for jobs/roles within the HR profession.
If you would like additional information about the Certificate in Coaching for Leadership, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.