Manage and lead infrastructure in a way that meets legal requirements and the standards of regulating authorities. Gain the knowledge and skills to improve employee engagement, ensure facility sustainability, and create green learning environments for students and communities.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Facilities Management consists of four required classroom-based courses. Select courses run each year in July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes, issues, and techniques involved in developing and delivering facilities management programs, policies, procedures and practices
- Identify and describe legislative regulations impacting the design, build, operations and maintenance
- Apply knowledge of concepts and practice in facilities management to operations, maintenance, design and construction
- Recognize and support the implementation of facilities management initiatives that promote sustainability, efficiency and engagement
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Facilities management, physical resources, operations, maintenance, custodial, design, build, construction, and vendor management careers
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.