Create vibrant outdoor living environments. Whether you are a landscape designer, contractor, or gardening enthusiast, this program will provide you with an aptitude for effective landscape design and creation.
About the Certificate
The Creating Landscapes Certificate consists of six required online courses. This program will show you how to improve the design of current landscapes and offer meaningful solutions to landscape design challenges. Learn how to produce landscape drawings, recommend construction materials that satisfy client intentions, and deliver beauty and function into residential and commercial settings. With the necessary business management skills and strategies, you will be able to develop a profitable business plan and a successful landscaping operation.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Make effective use of practical and applied design strategies to meet various landscape design challenges
- Interpret historical influences on the landscape, and translate such influences to improve the design of current landscapes
- Produce landscape drawings that clearly and concisely communicate and interpret project intentions for clients and contractors
- Recommend best materials and building techniques to be used in the construction of specific landscape features
- Identify and choose plant materials that will have a desired impact on the landscape
- Develop a business plan with the financial knowledge and skills to launch and maintain a landscape business
- Commercial or independent landscape professional
- Nursery or garden centre management
Upon certificate completion, consider taking just four additional online courses to earn the Creating Landscapes Diploma.
If you would like additional information on this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.