Expand on the depth and breadth of your landscape knowledge. Challenge yourself to be imaginative and creative when providing landscape design solutions for residential and small commercial environments. Explore design theories and practices to provide informed solutions and meaningful landscape designs.
About the Diploma
Building off the Creating Landscapes Certificate, this diploma program consists of four required online courses. You will have an opportunity to practice CAD and hand drawing techniques, develop your graphic communications skills, and learn how to promote sustainability through functional design. Expand on your knowledge and skills through practice—in particular, through the Capstone Landscape Design Project course, which amalgamates many important aspects of design practice.
All six Creating Landscapes Certificate courses must be successfully completed before enrolling in the Creating Landscapes Diploma program.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Recommend durable and functional materials to be used in the construction of specific landscape features
- Utilize both CAD and hand drawing techniques to communicate design intentions more effectively
- Creatively develop unique landscape design solutions
- Implement design strategies to create aesthetically pleasing, functional and sustainable landscapes
- Use your credentials to promote your business
- Independent or commercial landscape professional
- Nurseries, garden centres and landscape companies