The existing Creating Landscapes Certificate will serve as the foundation for the Diploma courses. Students must successfully complete all six Creating Landscapes Certificate courses before proceeding to the four proposed Diploma courses.
The Creating Landscapes Diploma will provide students with knowledge and skills in the theories and principles guiding meaningful landscape design, and in the techniques used to create landscape drawings.
About the Diploma
Challenge yourself to be imaginative and creative when providing landscape design solutions for residential and small commercial environments. Explore design theories and practices to provide informed solutions and meaningful landscape designs. The depth and breadth of your knowledge and skills will be expanded through practice, in particular, a Capstone Landscape Design Project that amalgamates many important aspects of design practice.
- Analyze what landscape sites offer and relate those criteria to client needs
- Recommend durable and functional materials to be used in the construction of specific landscape features
- Practice both CAD and hand drawings techniques that will help you communicate design intentions more effectively
- Understand how to be more creative and unique in developing landscape design solutions
- Learn and implement design strategies to create aesthetically pleasing, functional and sustainable landscapes
- Earn important credentials to promote business
- Landscape professionals, commercial or independent, wishing to develop or improve design skills
- Nurseries, garden centres and landscape companies providing landscape design options to their clientele
- Homeowners wanting a better understanding of the design and function of their landscape environment