The existing Horticulturist Certificate will serve as the foundation for the Diploma courses. Students must successfully complete all seven existing Horticulturist Certificate courses offered by Open Learning and Educational Support before proceeding to the three Diploma courses.
The Horticulturist Diploma will enhance your knowledge and skills relating to residential gardens, urban spaces and small public recreational areas. This program will offer a high standard of horticultural understanding and insight encouraging students to locate, analyze and put into practice sound horticultural knowledge.
About the Diploma
Improve and expand your plant identification skills and selection of plant material for specific landscapes. Identify common insects and diseases and apply Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to manage pests in the landscape. Integrate your horticultural knowledge to apply best management practices in the urban and suburban environments.
- Implement best practices to care for your home landscape
- Make best decisions regarding plant material selection and care for the residential landscape
- Identify and choose plant materials that will have a desired impact on the landscape
- Use sustainable practices for the management of landscapes
- Earn important diploma credentials for business promotion
- Nurseries, garden centres and landscape maintenance
- Parks and recreation staff
- Institutional grounds staff, e.g., hospital, university
- Naturalists, professional and home urban gardeners
If you would like additional information on this diploma, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.