Dig deeper into horticulture and enhance your knowledge and skills with respect to residential gardens, urban spaces and small public recreational areas. This program offers a high standard of horticultural understanding and insight encouraging you to locate, analyze and put into practice sound horticultural knowledge.
About the Diploma
Building off the Horticulturist Certificate, this diploma program consists of three required online courses. Improve and expand your plant identification skills and selection of plant material for specific landscapes. Identify common insects and diseases and apply Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to manage pests in the landscape. Integrate your horticultural knowledge to apply best management practices in the urban and suburban environments.
All seven Horticulturist Certificate courses must be successfully completed before enrolling in the Horticulturist Diploma program.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Implement best practices to care for your home landscape
- Make expert decisions regarding plant material selection and care for the residential landscape
- Identify and choose plant materials that will have a desired impact on the landscape
- Use sustainable practices for the management of landscapes
- Apply your diploma credentials for business promotion
- Nurseries, garden centres and landscape maintenance
- Parks and recreation staff
- Institutional grounds staff (e.g., hospital, university)
- Professional urban gardener
If you would like additional information on this diploma, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.