Respect and care for the natural environment is at the forefront of this certificate. Understanding how humans are impacting the naturalized landscape will help you discover design tactics that can protect and foster healthy ecosystems. Learn how you can preserve the beauty of our natural world for future generations.
About the Certificate
The Sustainable Landscapes Certificate consists of five required online courses. In this program, you will learn about innovative strategies that help to fortify the relationship between water and land, design tactics for retaining or enhancing naturalized landscapes, and tree health as it relates to both the individual plant and woodland communities.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify and choose plant materials that will have a desired impact on naturalized landscapes
- Make effective use of practical and applied design strategies to determine meaningful solutions to landscape design problems pertinent to naturalized environments
- Identify and recall components of an environmentally and ecologically sound landscape system
- Formulate creative new strategies that will effectively develop and manage sustainable landscapes
- Naturalist or conservationist
- Landscape designer or architect
- Park and recreation staff