A capstone project challenges you to create a single landscape project bringing together all of the knowledge and skills you have accumulated over the Landscape Design Diploma.
You will learn how to best create aesthetically pleasing, functional, buildable, and sustainable landscapes while keeping financial obligations, time restrictions and available resources for the project in mind. This course will provide you with the ability to approach a landscape design problem with both creativity and logic.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate landscape design thinking and principles, and extensive knowledge of the landscape design process
- Apply basic installation, project management, business practices, and practical skills to landscape design
- Develop a complete landscape design plan that incorporates design thinking and process
- Utilize knowledge of plant identification, usage, and maintenance criteria in landscape design
- Contribute to the effective planning, construction, implementation, and conclusion of projects
- Maintain effective communications with project participants (e.g., clients, co-workers, supervisors, etc.)
- Identify landscape trends and integrate them into designs
- Develop an accurate and detailed cost estimate based on a design developed through the coursework
- Client Interview/Design Trends
- Site Analysis
- Existing Conditions Plans
- Opportunities and Constraints Plans
- Preliminary Design Plan and Process
- Final Design
- Landscape Planting Plan
- Planting Details and Notes
- Detail Plans
- Layout plans
- Grading Plans
- Cost Estimates
- Tender Set
- Design Synopsis
- Prerequisites: The Capstone course is completed after a minimum of seven required and elective courses are completed. You may register for the Capstone course if the minimum course requirements will be met before the Capstone course begins.
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- You can expect to spend 8 to 12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
- There is an application process to register for this course.
Do not enrol in this course if you have successfully completed Capstone Landscape Design Project (310-0046).
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Landscape Design Diploma : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.