If you are a landscape practitioner looking to gain computer-assisted landscape graphic techniques, this is the course for you.
Develop skills and expertise in drafting and design using a computer assisted drafting (CAD) system. Learn the landscape-specific CAD software DynaSCAPE through hands-on, step-by-step processes and increase your landscape design productivity.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the use and capabilities of computer software for design and graphic representation in horticulture business operations
- Demonstrate how to start, operate, save, and print from design software commonly used in small landscape operations and design offices
- Operate the command sequences and structures required to complete particular tasks using DynaSCAPE software, given a time frame and specific simple operations to complete
- Create various plan versions of landscape design scenarios as directed, based on the capabilities of the software
- Introduction to CAD and DynaSCAPE
- Trim, Offset and Building Outline
- Figures and Modes
- Text and Automated Title Blocks
- Hatching, Sectioning and Scale
- Measuring, Printing Shortcuts and Tips
- Plant Lists and Labels
- Landscape Plans
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- You can expect to spend 8 to 12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
- Students will purchase a Student Edition of DynaSCAPE software v6.55. Instructions on ordering are provided when you register. Please note that this software is available for Windows Operating Systems.
Computer Assisted Drafting l and Computer Assisted Drafting ll complete an area of focus in Computer Assisted Drafting.
Do not enrol in this course if you have successfully completed Computer Assisted Drafting l (310-0018).
|Graded Exercises (4 x 2%)||8%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
*Course details are subject to change.