As operational demands of organizations continue to evolve, it is necessary to understand the process for securing external vendors to provide products, services and desired price points.
Learn about a variety of vendor management philosophies, approaches and resources that will guide you in effectively managing vendor relationships. Using an active learning process, you will engage in case studies, hands-on activities and workplace scenarios to develop an integrated understanding of how vendors are managed to maximize their performance and success within your organization.
The course will focus on ways to identify, understand and comply with relevant legislation and regulations, so you can uphold an ethical approach to achieving your desired results.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how vendor relationships impact an organization
- Identify the impacts of legislation and regulations on vendor management
- Utilize a vendor contract to provide the framework for managing the relationship
- Identify the differences between working with an external vendor and internal or external stakeholders
- Recognize the importance of effective relationships with vendors and the impact of relationship breakdown
- Utilize negotiation skills and techniques for managing vendor resources
- Engage in difficult and productive conversations with vendors
- Where possible, demonstrate improvements and gains through enhanced vendor management policies and/or practices
- Uphold an ethical approach to vendor management
- Planning for the Vendor Relationship
- Working with the Vendor
- Monitoring the Vendor
- Critical Conversations
- Measuring Results
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses