This course is part of the Certificate in Human Resources Management (HRM) for School Board Administrators. This course provides participants with knowledge and understanding of labour and management relations. Participants will experience a lively mix of role plays, case studies and simulated arbitration using the tools of negotiation, mediation, and collective bargaining.
The course topics includes:
- Union Organization and Certification Process
- Collective Bargaining
- Proposal Development Process
- Mediation, Conflict/Problem Resolution, and Finalizing Deals
- Collective Agreement Interpretation and Administration
- Discipline and Termination
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Human Resources Management for School Board Administration : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.