Master effective marketing strategies used by successful equine businesses. Explore traditional, digital, and social media marketing tactics proven to build profitable customer relationships. In this course, you will create a comprehensive marketing plan so you can identify your target market and focus your tactics effectively. With real-life equine examples, this course will get you on the right track for building a profitable horse business.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated marketing plan for your business;
- Research and clearly identify your target markets;
- Develop communication messages for your business;
- Investigate a variety of marketing strategies suitable to your equine business and identify two strategies to implement; and
- Prepare a plan and timeline to implement your marketing plan and guide your marketing decision making.
- Introduction to marketing and communication in small businesses
- The communications process
- Marketing planning process
- Identifying your audiences
- Developing a marketing and communications plan
- Your market position and developing your communications message
- Development of your promotional mix
- Investigate marketing tools including advertising, emarketing, public relations
- Budgeting for marketing
- Evaluating your marketing and communication performance
- Keeping motivated and on track with your plan
Additional RequirementsThis course is one of the courses offered in the Certificate of Equine Business Management which we suggest you complete as a series of courses:
- Equine Business Management
- Marketing and Communications in the Equine Industry
- Equine Business Finance and Risk Management
Students may take the courses in any order. This course is designed for the adult learner, at least 18 years of age.
|Graded Discussions and Participation||10%|
|Market Analysis Final Assignment||35%|
You do not need access to a horse, or own your own horse, to participate and be successful in this course.
You can expect to spend 6 - 10 hours per week to complete the course material, discussions and assignments. Plan to be on the course website at least three to five times per week to keep up-to-date and on schedule with weekly readings, activities, and class discussion.
*Course details are subject to change.
View the upcoming course schedule at our Equine Studies Online program website.