Master effective marketing strategies used by successful equine businesses. Explore traditional, digital, and social media marketing tactics proven to build profitable customer relationships. In this course, you will create a comprehensive marketing plan so you can identify your target market and focus your tactics effectively. With real-life equine examples, this course will get you on the right track for building a profitable horse business.
By the completion of this course students will have:
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated marketing plan for your business.
- Research and clearly identify your target markets.
- Develop communication messages for your business.
- Investigate a variety of marketing strategies suitable to your equine business and identify two strategies to implement.
- Prepare a plan and timeline to implement your marketing plan and guide your marketing decision making.
- Introduction to marketing and communication in small businesses
- The communications process
- Marketing planning process
- Identifying your audiences
- Developing a marketing and communications plan
- Your market position and developing your communications message
- Development of your promotional mix
- Investigate marketing tools including advertising, emarketing, public relations
- Budgeting for marketing
- Evaluating your marketing and communication performance
- Keeping motivated and on track with your plan
Additional RequirementsThis course is one of the courses offered in the Certificate of Equine Business Management which we suggest you complete as a series of courses:
- Equine Business Management
- Marketing and Communications in the Equine Industry
- Equine Business Finance and Risk Management
Students may take the courses in any order. This course is designed for the adult learner, at least 18 years of age.
|Knowledge Quizzes||10%||There will be two online quizzes. Each quiz consists of a number of true or false statements and multiple-choice questions which cover the weekly unit material.|
|Media Release||10%||Compose a media release.|
|Social Media Campaign||10%||Develop a three month social media campaign.|
|Graded Discussions and Participation||10%||Your grade is based on your participation in class discussions in response to class learning questions and your reflections on the information provided by other student postings. Guest Speakers are invited into the course to interact with students on specific topics; your participation is also graded on your contribution to questions posted to the guest speakers.|
Marketing Plan: During the course you will develop a complete marketing plan. The marketing plan will be divided into two assignments. The first assignment will be focused on your marketing research and the second assignment on your marketing strategies.
|Marketing Plan Part 1||30%||Market Research|
|Marketing Plan Part 2||30%||Marketing Strategies and Implementation|
You do not need access to a horse, or own your own horse, to participate and be successful in this course.
You can expect to spend 6 - 10 hours per week to complete the course material, discussions and assignments. Plan to be on the course website at least three to five times per week to keep up-to-date and on schedule with weekly readings, activities, and class discussion.