Organizational Culture is often cited as critical to success and yet rarely defined. Culture is loosely defined as “the way things work around here.” The focus of this course is creating and sustaining a workplace of rich, honest, constructive communication flowing in all directions which supports organizational success. We call this a “coaching culture.” In creating the culture for a Leadership Coaching program you will examine a succinct and practical definition of a “coaching culture” and explore the benefits of adopting such a culture. You will investigate the significance and power of organizational values. You will explore the human resource systems that support a coaching culture and identify the real stakeholders. Concepts that you will find key to a coaching culture are accountability, individual character and results. Ultimately you will have the tools to assess cultural effectiveness, particularly as it relates to internal communication.
Senior leaders, managers, supervisors, human resource professionals, project managers and organizational consultants.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe an effective organizational culture;
- Explain the impact of organizational culture on behaviour and results;
- Demonstrate the significance of organizational values (implicit and explicit) on organizational culture; and
- Assess the gaps between a coaching culture and an existing culture.
- The Coaching Culture - The Ideal
- Coaching Culture Structure - The Systems that Underpin Organizational Culture
- The Stakeholders
- Employee Engagement - One Way to Measure Organizational Culture
- Accountability and Results
- Character in the Workplace
- Strategies for Engagement - Balance
- Putting it into Words and Action
Sample CareersAfter completing the Coaching for Leadership Certificate program, you will be able to coach employees in achieving their performance goals and identify areas for further development. If you are a human resources (HR) professional, coaching is a skill set that will make you more marketable for jobs/roles within the Human Resources profession.
|Weekly Discussion Assignments and Participation||20%|
|Theoretical Questions Journal Unit 01-03||10%|
Theoretical Questions Journal Unit 04-07
Coaching Culture Journal
|Coaching Culture Paper||20%|
|Coaching Culture Action Plan||10%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Coaching for Leadership : Certificate in Coaching for Leadership
*Course details are subject to change.