Develop the leadership skills you need to engage in, lead and sustain a coaching culture where you work or volunteer. Throughout this course, you will go step by step through a performance management cycle. On this dynamic journey, you will define performance expectations, communicate these expectations, and practice giving and receiving feedback. You will learn how to identify performance gaps and how to address them quickly. Finally, you will pull it all together by sharing your insights into what you have learned and assessing your development as a leader in a coaching culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key aspects of a performance management cycle
- Develop an example of behavioural-based performance expectations and their measurement
- Demonstrate the Observation, Impact© Model of positive and developmental feedback
- Analyze the value of developmental feedback to improving performance
- Develop an action plan to bridge specific performance gap(s)
- The Performance Management Cycle in a Coaching Culture
- Defining Performance Expectations
- Communicating Performance Expectations
- Offering Positive and Developmental Feedback
- Receiving Feedback
- Discussing Performance Gaps
- Discerning How to Hold People Accountable
- Moving Theory into Action
Sample CareersAfter completing the Coaching for Leadership Certificate program, you will be able to coach employees in achieving their performance goals and identify areas for further development. If you are a human resources (HR) professional, coaching is a skill set that will make you more marketable for jobs/roles within the human resources profession.
|Discussion Participation (2 x 10%)||20%|
|Initial Self-Assessment of Performance Management Fundamentals||10%|
|Leadership Accountability in the Workplace - Paper||30%|
|Final Self-Assessment of Performance Management Fundamentals and Individual Development Plan||40%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Coaching for Leadership : Certificate in Coaching for Leadership
*Course details are subject to change.