This course examines design and construction techniques practiced in golf course development. Developed for golf course superintendents / staff and golf enthusiasts, this offering provides an opportunity to work through the golf course development process from site analysis to completed design.
Golf course superintendents and employees wishing to gain an understanding of the golf course environment and improve skills needed to offer superior playing conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key historical developments of the game of golf
- Describe and compare key trends in the evolution of golf course design
- Explain the major factors that must be considered in selecting the location of a golf course
- Explain the major factors that must be considered when designing the individual features (e.g. greens, tees, fairways, etc.) of the golf course
- Describe the basic procedures and methods of constructing the many features of a golf course
- Explain the basic maintenance procedures required to establish a new golf course
- Introduction to Golf Course Design
- Golf History
- Golf Course Design
- Design of Golf Course Features
- Golf Course Construction
|Assignments (3)||15%, 20%, 30%|
*Grading Scheme subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Maintaining Golf Courses Certificate : Required Courses