Landscape design and planning has been dramatically enhanced in many ways with the introduction of Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD). This course utilizes the landscape-specific DynaSCAPE(c) software to develop skills and expertise in drafting, designing using a CAD system. This interactive and very hands-on course is a unique and exciting way to learn, using the student version of DynaSCAPE(c). Step-by-step processes, including detailed video overviews of the commands and software structure, are included. An incremental manner of skills development, starting from the basics, is used, and gives first-time CAD operators a shortened learning curve to design productivity. The course includes step-by-step instructions and ample opportunity for discussion through the course website.
Landscape practitioners wishing to gain computer assisted, landscape graphic techniques and skills.
- Describe the use and capabilities of computer software for design and graphic representation in horticulture business operations.
- Demonstrate how to start, operate, save, and print from design software commonly used in small landscape operations and design offices.
- Operate the command sequences and structures required to complete particular tasks using DynaSCAPE software, given a time frame and specific simple operations to complete.
- Create various plan versions of landscape design scenarios as directed, based on the capabilities of the software.
- Introduction to CAD
- Trim, Offset and Building Outline
- Figures and Modes
- Text and Automated Title Blocks
- Hatching, Sectioning and Scale
- Measuring, Printing Shortcuts and Tips
- Plant Lists and Labels
Additional RequirementsRegistrations are limited to 25 students for this course. Register early to avoid disappointment!
|Assignments (3)||10%, 30%, 40%|
*Grading Scheme subject to change.
Note:Students registered in the Computer Assisted Drafting course require DynaScape Design – Student Edition software. The student edition is only available to students who register for this course. The fee for the student edition is $125.00 paid directly to DynaScape. When you register for the course you will receive instructions and an order form.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creating Landscapes Certificate : Required Courses