Landscape design and planning has been dramatically enhanced in many ways with the introduction of Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD). This course utilizes the landscape-specific DynaSCAPE(c) software to develop skills and expertise in drafting, designing using a CAD system. This interactive and very hands-on course is a unique and exciting way to learn, using the student version of DynaSCAPE(c). Step-by-step processes, including detailed video overviews of the commands and software structure, are included. An incremental manner of skills development, starting from the basics, is used, and gives first-time CAD operators a shortened learning curve to design productivity.
Note: Registrations are limited to 30 students for this course. Register early to avoid disappointment!
Landscape practitioners wishing to gain computer assisted, landscape graphic techniques and skills.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the use and capabilities of computer software for design and graphic representation in horticulture business operations;
- Demonstrate how to start, operate, save, and print from design software commonly used in small landscape operations and design offices;
- Operate the command sequences and structures required to complete particular tasks using DynaSCAPE software, given a time frame and specific simple operations to complete; and
- Create various plan versions of landscape design scenarios as directed, based on the capabilities of the software.
- Introduction to CAD and DynaSCAPE
- Trim, Offset and Building Outline
- Figures and Modes
- Text and Automated Title Blocks
- Hatching, Sectioning and Scale
- Measuring, Printing Shortcuts and Tips
- Plant Lists and Labels
- Landscape Plans
|Graded Exercises (4 x 2% each)||8%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creating Landscapes Certificate : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.