This course examines sprinkler heads, valves, control lines and piping. It describes irrigation terminology, products, layout, application techniques and component servicing. Troubleshooting automatic irrigation systems is also included.
Golf course superintendents and employees wishing to gain an understanding of the golf course environment and improve skills needed to offer superior playing conditions.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the terminology related to irrigation technology;
- Identify the components of an irrigation system and describe their functions and applications;
- Discuss the installation and maintenance of irrigation system components;
- Identify the sequential steps used to identify and trouble shoot irrigation system problems; and
- Examine the overall workings of an irrigation system and how it is used effectively in industry.
- Sprinkler Heads
- Weather Stations
- Troubleshooting Irrigation Systems
|Assignments (3 x 20%)||60%|
|Irrigation Research Projects (2 x 20%)||40%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Maintaining Golf Courses Certificate : Required Courses