Exploring and extending skills in graphic communications is the primary goal of this course. Practice and continue to develop graphic techniques in plan, section and elevation drawings critical for landscape design students. New techniques for communicating design ideas will also be introduced such as axonometric drawings and the use of colour in presentations.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Draw Axonometric projections;
- Create one and two-point perspectives;
- Demonstrate effective shading techniques;
- Colour plans to achieve the transfer of information; and
- Illustrate basic components of a Landscape Plan.
- Communications, Lettering and Numbering
- Sketching, Drawing and Scale
- Plants, Hardscape and Water
- People, Vehicles and Buildings
- Elevations and Sections
- Projections and Perspectives
- Layout and Hierarchy
- Shading and Shadowing
- Colouring 101
- Final Project
Additional RequirementsPre-requisite(s): Completion of the Creating Landscapes Certificate.
|Weekly Exercises (11 x 5%)||55%|
|Discussion Participation (5 x 3%)||15%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creating Landscapes Diploma : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.