When communicating the complexities of a landscape design to a client or contractor it is imperative that design intentions are clearly illustrated. This course will give students the knowledge and skills on how to use computer technologies and software (DynaSCAPE©) to best illustrate design expectations. By exploring the many facets of DynaSCAPE©, including the ability to customize with personalized titleblocks, figures, and logos, students can work effectively and quickly to produce professional presentation quality landscape plans – a cost efficient benefit.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Produce professional presentation quality plans with emphasis on organization and project layout;
- Develop text shortcuts for use within DynaSCAPE©;
- Customize DynaSCAPE© toolboxes, modes and the figure database;
- Create new figures that can be used in future projects;
- Create a professional looking plant catalogue and material list suitable for presentation to a client;
- Create tailored drawings with custom title blocks and logos; and
- Develop elevation and section views from a plan view.
- DynaSCAPE Basics Review
- Working with Text
- Customizing DynaSCAPE Hatches, Figures and Patterns
- Prototypes, Custom Titleblocks and Logos, Inserting Raster Images
- Scaling Raster Images, Using Bearings, Importing AutoCAD
- Construction Detail Plans and Landscape Plan Sets
Pre-requisite(s): Completion of the Creating Landscapes Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creating Landscapes Diploma : Required Courses