When communicating the complexities of a landscape design to a client or contractor it is imperative that design intentions are clearly illustrated. This course will give students the knowledge and skills on how to use computer technologies and software (DynaSCAPE©) to best illustrate design expectations. By exploring the many facets of DynaSCAPE©, including the ability to customize with personalized titleblocks, figures, and logos, students can work effectively and quickly to produce professional presentation quality landscape plans – a cost efficient benefit.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Produce professional presentation quality plans with emphasis on organization and project layout
- Develop text shortcuts for use within DynaSCAPE©
- Customize DynaSCAPE© toolboxes, modes and the figure database
- Create new figures that can be used in future projects
- Create a professional looking plant catalogue and material list suitable for presentation to a client
- Create tailored drawings with custom title blocks and logos
- Develop elevation and section views from a plan view
Module 1: DynaSCAPE Basics Review
Module 2: Working with Text
Module 3: Customizing DynaSCAPE Hatches, Figures and Patterns
Module 4: Prototypes, Custom Titleblocks and Logos, Inserting Raster Images
Module 5: Scaling Raster Images, Using bearings, Importing AutoCADD
Module 6: Construction Detail Plans and Landscape Plan Sets
This course is a required core course within the Creating Landscapes Diploma. Pre-Requisite: Completion of the Creating Landscapes Certificate and the Computer Assisted Drafting course.
|Assignments (4)||80% (10%, 15%, 10%, and 45%)|
*Grading scheme is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creating Landscapes Diploma : Required Courses