Gain a thematic overview of feed manufacturing science—including recent scientific, technical and technological advances, as well as successful industry programs and best practices. Explore the topics of feed ingredients, feed formulation and manufacturing from procurement to the latest trends in high performance feed formulation and manufacturing. Examine quality control measures and feed safety, and learn from University of Guelph faculty and industry professionals with cutting-edge expertise in the science of feed formulation.
Structured around four modules covering key aspects of animal feed production, this week-long short course is designed for animal feed industry personnel, nutritionists, feed ingredient purchasers, feed ingredient and additive suppliers, equipment and service suppliers, consultants, food scientists and research personnel, QA/QC staff, technical support and sales specialists, consultants, feed ingredient and additive suppliers, veterinarians, business analysts and students.
The course includes pre-course tutorials, online readings, and in-class lectures and labs. Visits to feed ingredient processing facilities will conclude the course.
- Feed Ingredients: Procurement to Meaningful Assessment of Nutritive Value
- Feed Formulation: Simple Recipes to High Performance Formulations
- Feed Manufacturing: Basics Principles to the Latest Trends
- Finished Products: Quality Control (QC) to Feed Safety to Marketing
- This course is taught at the undergraduate level. You are expected to have an undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- You will be required to connect to the internet to access the online learning management system CourseLink.
- The course includes lab sessions and facility tours. Please dress for a variety of activities including close-toed shoes.
*Course details are subject to change.