This course introduces to dyadic and small-group communication. The focus is on communication style and effectiveness with attention to verbal and nonverbal communication, listening behaviour and conflict.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the major concepts and theories in interpersonal communication;
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of communication competence.
- Demonstrate practical skills for effective interpersonal communication in order to improve personal and professional abilities in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Explain the importance of communication in developing and maintaining good relationships in a range of contexts - at home, work and in one's personal development.
- Foundations of Interpersonal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Relationships
|Assignment 1 - Essay||20%|
|Assignment 2 - Reflective Paper||20%|
|Take-Home Final Exam||30%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Electives
*Course details are subject to change.