An advanced seminar dealing with the theory and practice of program evaluation focusing on public sector programs in agriculture and rural development, international and domestic case studies.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the theory of evaluation
- Select a general evaluation system and set of methodologies applicable to any program or project in an international or Canadian setting
- Discuss the approaches to evaluation used by some major international development agencies
- Gain basic skills necessary to design an evaluation plan for a typical rural development project.
- Introduction to Evaluation
- Evaluation Terms of Reference (TOR)
- Evaluation Models or Styles
- Underlying Principles of “Logic Modelling”
- Illustration of Results Based Program Logic Model
- Evaluation Design and Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods and Mixed Research Methods
- Evaluation Matrix
- Evaluation Plan and Student Seminar
|Individual Assignment 1 - Evaluation TOR||20%|
|Individual Assignment 2 - PLM||25%|
|Individual Assignment 3 - Final Paper: The Evaluation Plan||40%|
|Participation in Community Discussion Forum||15%|
*Course details are subject to change.