The fundamentals of food policy development and Canadian and international food law are learned and practiced through online presentations, independent study and online interactions with other students and industry professionals.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the basis of Canadian and international food regulations and policies;
- Critically analyze the differences between food law in Canada and other jurisdictions; and
- Describe principles of food related legal, political, economic and social issues and apply critical skills of policy analysis to understand complex policy issues
- Fundamentals of food policy development
- Codex Alimentarius Commission FAA/WHO/WTO
- Food Law and Policy in Canada
- Overview of USA Food Law
- Case Studies in International Comparative Food Law and Policy
|International Comparative Presentation||15%|
|Assignment 1: Case Study||15%|
|Assignment 2: Critical Review Paper||15%|
|Assignment 3: Short Answer||15%|
|Major Research Paper||25%|
*Course details are subject to change.