FSQA*6150 - Food Quality Assurance Management
Examination and review of principles and concept of quality assurance and their application to consumer products and services. Topics include applied aspects of total-quality management principles.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Apply generic principles of quality management to specific situations of food quality assurance management in order to achieve best practices that are key to business success;
- Identify the contribution of each step of the food supply to a product’s quality;
- Outline differences, commonalities and applicability of quality management systems in the food industry;
- Show the importance of management system standards and regulations, and their role in the process of food quality assurance management;
- Discuss a systems approach to elucidating the role of each stakeholder in a food quality assurance management system;
- Identify and apply procedures for data collection, recording, analysis, and interpretation in quality management systems;
- Assess the use of various tools and approaches to process improvement, process management, and performance management;
- Analyze the role of quality measures and data integration in food traceability;
- Examine the financial/reputation effects of quality systems programs performance;
- Interpret organizational culture as it relates to a combination of technical tools and people practices; and
- Discuss sustainability and holistic management as applied to food quality management systems.
- Quality concepts and perspectives
- Total Quality Management (TQM) and the role of attributes, specifications, and standards
- Statistical methods in quality assurance
- Key elements and stakeholders in quality management systems
- Measures and control
- Quality management systems (QMS) in the food supply
- Implementing a quality system in the food industry
- Optimization vs. resilience & sustainability
- Big Data, IoT, and AI in food quality systems
- Integration and review of concepts
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.