Introduction to the evolution and history of planning and its conceptual base. A study of the theoretical foundations of planning. Emphasis on the Canadian scene and on Canadian planning literature.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to
- Understand the legislative framework for planning in Ontario
- Understand the role of various participants in the planning process
- Community planning
- Natural and built environments
- Regional and metropolitan communities
- Characteristics of urban and rural community planning
- Planning special places
- Land use regulations and policies
Discussion Board Dialogue
Development Application 'Public Planning Meeting' Report
Term Paper Project
|On-Campus Final Exam||30%|
*Course details are subject to change.