Learn how to deliver mission-critical work on time and within budget. Explore project life cycle models and how budget, scope and time pressures can be addressed through the various models. By gaining a solid understanding of project management techniques and processes, you will have the confidence to apply them appropriately to ensure project success.
While more broadly applicable, the course focuses on a public sector context and utilizes examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
I work with projects big and small every day. This course will allow me to plan better accordingly, evaluate risk, and incorporate better change management processes.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concepts of project management.
- Manage critical aspects of the project by applying methods developed through this course in the project management knowledge areas: Integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communication, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management.
- Utilize a variety of project management tools, techniques, and templates.
- Apply various techniques to identify and mitigate risk, problem solve, address conflict and informed decision making.
- Apply project management principles and concepts as a team leader.
- Design, plan, monitor, and control the basic components of a project.
- Understand the various project life cycle models to support project delivery.
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Project Management Process Groups
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
|Assignment 1 (Group): Project Charter||15%|
|Assignment 2 (Group): Critical Path||15%|
|Assignment 3 (Individual): Decision Tree and Expected Monetary Value||15%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Facilities Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.