Is it possible to be an effective couple and family therapist and a successful businessperson?
You were attracted to the field of therapy by a desire to help, and gained the knowledge and skills required to do so. In order to take control of your profession and manage your private practice, an additional skill set is required. It is possible to balance earning a reasonable living with your commitment to providing exceptional care.
Explore the business side of private practice and develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Recognize your unique strengths and talents as a therapist to identify your ideal clients. Prepare a business plan and vision statement to create a profitable and successful psychotherapy practice that helps people in meaningful ways.
This course is designed for counsellors, therapists, social workers, mental health workers, and pastoral care/faith-based and other practitioners seeking to build or enhance their practical skills and theoretical foundation in couple and family therapy, as well as those exploring therapy as a career.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate a vision for your therapy business which incorporates your unique strengths and talents as a therapist and addresses the anticipated future needs of your community
- Integrate an entrepreneurial mindset with your identity as a therapist
- Generate referrals to your practice using an Attraction Model
- Prepare a business plan for your practice, set an appropriate fee, and stay profitable
- Make decisions for your business based on love, not fear
- Defining a Vision
- Cultivating a Business Mindset
- Developing a Business Plan
- Generating Referrals
- Managing Money
- Loving the Business
- There are no prerequisites for the course.
- As well as scheduled instruction time, you can expect to spend approximately five to ten hours per week on course readings, activities, and/or assignments.
- Some assessment components are completed during the four-day course, and other(s) are completed in a one- to four-week period following the classroom-based component. You can expect to spend approximately 10-15 hours completing the course assignment(s).
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
*Course details are subject to change.