1006030 - Building a Thriving Private Practice
Is it possible to be an effective couple and family therapist and a successful businessperson?
You were attracted to the field of therapy by a desire to help, and gained the knowledge and skills required to do so. In order to take control of your profession and manage your private practice, an additional skill set is required. It is possible to balance earning a reasonable living with your commitment to providing exceptional care.
This course explores the business side of private practice and an entrepreneurial mindset. As a therapist, recognize your unique strengths and talents and build on this to identify your ideal clients. Prepare a business plan and vision statement to create a profitable and successful psychotherapy practice that helps clients in meaningful ways. Identify appropriate boundaries to ensure a safe and effective use of self (SEUS) in your business.
This course can be taken for professional development.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate a vision for your therapy business which incorporates your unique strengths and talents as a therapist and addresses the anticipated future needs of your community
- Integrate an entrepreneurial mindset with your identity as a therapist
- Establish appropriate boundaries with your business, which will allow you to practice safe and effective use of self (SEUS)
- Generate referrals to your practice using an Attraction Model
- Prepare a business plan for your practice, set an appropriate fee, and stay profitable
- Make decisions for your business based on love, not fear
- Defining a Vision
- Cultivating a Business Mindset
- Developing a Business Plan
- Practicing Safe and Effective Use of Self (SEUS)
- Generating Referrals
- Ethics and Private Practice
- Managing Money
- Loving the Business
- There are no prerequisites for the course.
- As well as scheduled instruction time, you can expect to spend approximately five to ten hours per week on course readings, activities, and/or assignments.
- Some assessments are completed during the days of class instruction, and other(s) are completed in a one- to four-week period following the completion of the class instruction.
- Please purchase a journal to be used for course journalling activities (hardcover and lined recommended)
|Reflections: Your Relationship with Money||10%|
|Important Documents for your Private Practice||25%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.