Is it possible to be an effective couple and family therapist and a successful businessperson?
You were attracted to the field of therapy by a desire to help, and gained the knowledge and skills required to do so. In order to take control of your profession and manage your private practice, an additional skill set is required. It is possible to balance earning a reasonable living with your commitment to providing exceptional care.
This course explores the business side of private practice and an entrepreneurial mindset. As a therapist, recognize your unique strengths and talents and build on this to identify your ideal clients. Prepare a business plan and vision statement to create a profitable and successful psychotherapy practice that helps clients in meaningful ways. Identify appropriate boundaries to ensure a safe and effective use of self (SEUS) in your business.
This course can be taken for professional development.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate a vision for your therapy business which incorporates your unique strengths and talents as a therapist and addresses the anticipated future needs of your community
- Integrate an entrepreneurial mindset with your identity as a therapist
- Establish appropriate boundaries with your business, which will allow you to practice safe and effective use of self (SEUS)
- Generate referrals to your practice using an Attraction Model
- Prepare a business plan for your practice, set an appropriate fee, and stay profitable
- Make decisions for your business based on love, not fear
- Defining a Vision
- Cultivating a Business Mindset
- Developing a Business Plan
- Practicing Safe and Effective Use of Self (SEUS)
- Generating Referrals
- Managing Money
- Loving the Business
- There are no prerequisites for the course.
- As well as scheduled instruction time, you can expect to spend approximately five to ten hours per week on course readings, activities, and/or assignments.
- Some assessments are completed during the days of class instruction, and other(s) are completed in a one- to four-week period following the completion of the class instruction.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
*Course details are subject to change.