Are you confident that you can protect your organization from employee fraud and cybercrime? Are you familiar with who commits employee fraud? Do you understand why fraud occurs and how to mitigate your risk?
Learn to identify types of cybercrime and employee fraud and understand the motivations and characteristics of fraudsters. Focusing on human behaviours, connections and relations, build your awareness and skill in detecting and investigating fraudulent employee behaviour. Through understanding types of cybercrime issues and the characteristics of employees, you’ll explore how to develop a risk mitigation solution within the context of an organization. Learning activities include the examination of relevant case studies, news reports, and conversations to support your development and awareness of cybercrime and employee fraud.
This course is approved for 9 CEU units with the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the types of cybercrimes and their application to the human resources field
- Identify and describe the types and motivators of employee fraud
- Apply characteristics of employee fraudsters through a review of incentives, motivators, opportunities, and rationalizations
- Identity and describe fraud mitigation programs and evaluate risk mitigation solutions
- Types of Cybercrime
- HR Specific Cybercrimes
- Fraud Diamond and Motivators for Employee Fraud
- Characteristics of Employee Fraudsters
- Types of Employee Fraud
- Fraud Detection Programs
- Fraud Mitigation Programs
- Not For Profit Nuances
*Course details are subject to change.