Selection and recruitment are important business processes for today’s organizations to attract, recruit and retain talent. Many organizations are challenged to recruit and select employees who are the right fit and have the necessary skills and competencies for the job. Developing employees’ knowledge, skills and abilities is critical to the talent management process to ensure that employees have the right skills and competencies to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
Gain an overview of the principles and practices that must be considered in order to increase organizational effectiveness and retain top talent.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources management.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how selection and recruitment fit into a human resources management system and its impact on all the functional areas of an organization
- Describe and interpret how legal concerns affect the practice of recruitment and selection
- Explore and demonstrate how job analysis and competencies play a role in recruitment and selection
- Recognize how organizational goals impact job performance, recruitment and selection processes
- Demonstrate the most effective methods for identifying and attracting candidates
- Apply behavioural interviewing techniques
- Explore various decision-making matrices to ensure the most effective candidate selection
- Legal Issues Affecting Recruitment and Selection
- Job Analysis and Competency Models
- Performance Management
- Recruitment Strategies
- Applicant Screening, and Interviewing Techniques
- Decision-Making Tools
- Talent Management Strategies
Job Market Overview
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Note:This course is offered in the Fall Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.