This course stresses the fundamental properties of particles and waves, designed for students without 4U Physics or equivalent. Topics include: the motion of particles, force, field, momentum, energy and associated conservation laws; basic interactions between particles; properties of waves. It is expected that students will have at least 1 4U mathematics credit. This course is intended only for students who require the equivalent of 4U Physics in order to proceed to IPS*1500, PHYS*1130, PHYS*1010, PHYS*1080, or PHYS*1070.
- Mathematical Preparation
- Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions
- Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Friction, Circular Motion and Gravitation
- Work, Energy and Power
- Momentum and Collisions
- Electric Charge, Force and Field
- Electric Potential Energy, Electric Potential and Current
- Electrical Resistance and Circuits
- Oscillations and Waves
- Interference, Diffraction and Refraction of Light
|Online Final Exam||40%|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
- Zoom as a video communication tool. A Webcam, a microphone to record video, and headphones/speakers to play back the recording are also needed.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
*Course details are subject to change.