The course serves as an overview to organizational behaviour. It examines the individual, the group, the organization and how the three interrelate in order to enhance performance and productivity.
Note: This course may be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of OB theories, models and concepts presented in the course;
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of individual level (micro), and group and organizational level (macro) factors in fostering organizational success;
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate organizational behaviour information;
- Understand how evidence-based management is used to diagnosis problems and provide solutions to organizations;
- Demonstrate skills critical to future success as employees and managers including:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving; and
- Written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the OB theories, models and concepts to organizational settings; and
- Demonstrate professionalism in communicating with peers and others.
- Organizational Behaviour (OB) and Evidence-Based Management (EBM)
- Personality and Learning
- Perception, Attribution, and Diversity
- Values, Attitudes and Work Behaviour
- Theories of Work Motivation and Motivation in Practice
- Decision Making
- Groups and Teamwork
- Social Influence, Socialization, & Culture
- Communication, Power, Politics and Ethics
- Conflict, Stress and Negotiation
- Organizational Structure, Environment, Strategy & Technology
- Organizational Change, Development, and Innovation
Restriction(s): HROB*2100, HROB*4000, PSYC*3080
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Weekly Video Quizzes (12 x 1%)||12%||4, 5|
|Applied Quizzes (4 x 8%)||32%||1, 2, 3, 5, 6|
|Discussion Participation (2 x 8%)||16%||1, 2, 3, 4, 7|
|Online Final Exam||40%||1, 2, 3, 5, 6|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
- Virtual Classroom is a video conferencing tool used to facilitate synchronous virtual meetings.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
*Course details are subject to change.