Study Online. Stay at home with your horses.
The equine certificate and diploma programs at the University of Guelph offer a comprehensive course of online study for the horse enthusiast and owner. This continuing education program is based on research and evidence-based knowledge providing horse owners with practical information to improve the health and welfare of the horses in your care. Online courses give you the opportunity to learn with more flexibility to participate while balancing work, family and your horses. They are innovative, developed and facilitated by leading equine industry practitioners, veterinarians and researchers.
- All of the equine studies courses are offered in an asynchronous, distance education format. There are no scheduled classes to attend, providing the flexibility to study at a time and place that is convenient for you.
- 20 online courses offer you an opportunity to explore the latest equine research and gain practical skills to improve the health and welfare of the horses in your care.
- You can register for one course or complete a series of courses to obtain a certificate or diploma program.
- Regular Tuition: $625CAD per course
- Early Bird Tuition: $549CAD per course
Continuing education courses are not typically eligible for provincial education funding. OpenEd bursaries are available to eligible learners.
You will benefit from our online courses if you:
- have a passion for horses and want to learn more about their health and well-being
- own your own horse or plan to own your own horse
- currently, own a property or will be establishing or managing a horse property
- are concerned about equine welfare and the behavioural needs of horses
- would like to start your own equine business
- would like to have a career in the equine industry
Turn your passion for horses into a business in the equine industry
Your horses will benefit from current research and evidence-based practice
Discover additional 3-week, online courses offered by Equine Guelph
Watch the recordings from our previous events and sign up to be notified of future webinars.