Learn the necessary components for evaluating, developing and implementing disability management programs in your workplace. Examine applicable legislation, workplace accommodations, and return to work planning. Gain a broader understanding of the complexities of the legal and ethical responsibilities in relation to disability management and attendance support.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Disability Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
This program is designed to provide you with a highly interactive learning experience utilizing case studies and real-life scenarios.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Effectively apply concepts and evidence-based best practices of disability management when managing claims
- Conduct thorough, timely, and accurate WSIB and attendance claims management
- Utilize current concepts and evident-based best practices to support employees and manage attendance
- Explain and accurately apply the legislative and regulatory requirements that relate to disability management and attendance management
- Promote a culture of employee and workplace wellness within the workplace through wellness promotion, illness intervention, psychological health and safety implementation, employee engagement, and organizational culture enrichment
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Disability management and attendance support career within a school board or related sector or field
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.