Advance your disability case management knowledge and skills through an exploration of concepts, evidence-based best practices, legal obligations, and ethical responsibilities. By recognizing the essential contributions of disability management—including their role in enhancing employee well-being, retention and productivity—you will be better equipped to reduce the cost of work disruption.
Using a highly interactive learning approach, with case studies and real-life scenarios, the program aims to provide you with a deeper analysis of the many approaches, roles, complexities and challenges in the field and specific functions.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Disability Management consists of four required classroom-based courses. Select courses run each year in July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Effectively apply concepts and evidence-based best practices of disability management when managing claims
- Utilize current concepts and evidence-based best practices to support employees and manage attendance
- Explain and accurately apply the legislative and regulatory requirements that relate to disability management and/or attendance management for employees and their personal information
- Promote a culture of employee and workplace wellness through illness intervention, psychological health and safety implementation, employee engagement, and organizational culture enrichment
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more for each of the four courses to earn this certificate. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Disability management, attendance management, employee wellness, and human resources careers
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.