Manage and lead infrastructure in a way that meets legal requirements and the standards of regulating authorities. Gain the knowledge and skills to improve employee engagement, ensure facility sustainability, and create green learning environments for students and communities.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments.
With a total of four courses to complete, this certificate program allows you to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes, issues, and techniques involved in developing and delivering facilities management programs, policies, procedures and practices
- Identify and describe legislative regulations impacting the design, build, operations and maintenance
- Apply knowledge of concepts and practice in facilities management to operations, maintenance, design and construction
- Recognize and support the implementation of facilities management initiatives that promote sustainability, efficiency and engagement
- Facilities Management
- Physical Resources
- Operations and Maintenance
The program requires the completion of the two required courses and a minimum of two elective courses. You must earn a minimum grade of 50% for each course.
blended, including face-to-face and/or online (synchronous and/or asynchronous)
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis and there is no application required. This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes before the start of the semester.
Complete the two required courses and a minimum of two elective courses.
A minimum of two courses are offered each year. The certificate can be completed in approximately two years.
The price per course is currently $955. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.