Manage and lead the infrastructure of Ontario school boards in a way that meets legal requirements and the standards of regulating authorities. Gain the knowledge and skills to improve employee engagement, ensure facility sustainability, and create green learning environments for students and communities.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Facilities Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Apply acquired knowledge of theory and practice to facility operations, maintenance and construction
- Model the importance of strategic leadership of facilities professionals within Ontario school boards to enhance employee engagement and improve operations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes, issues and techniques involved in developing and delivering facilities management programs, policies, procedures and practices
- Implement facilities management initiatives that promote sustainability
- Identify the impact of legislative regulations on the design and operation of schools
- Utilize your knowledge of human resources management to successfully lead employees within the functions of facility operations, maintenance and construction
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Facilities management career within a school board or related sector or field
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
The certificate program is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).