Develop your knowledge and skills in effective information technology management and enhance your leadership and management competencies. This program will provide you with a strategic overview of information management and technology challenges and opportunities in today’s work environment.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of information and communication technology in the overall management and leadership in Ontario school boards and other workplaces
- Utilize project management principles and procedures
- Outline the process, issues and techniques involved in developing and administering a privacy and information management system within your school board
- Identify and apply the concepts of the provincial and school board legislative and policy framework
- Establish and create information and communication technology initiatives with the provincial funding model
- Demonstrate leadership when utilizing practical skills to improve management within Ontario school boards
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Information and communication technology management career within a school board or related sector or field
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
The certificate program is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).