Develop your information and communication technology (ICT) knowledge and skills, and enhance your leadership and management competencies. Gain a strategic overview of digital data storage, and retrieval and transmission of information, while learning about ICT challenges and opportunities in today’s work environment.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management consists of four required classroom-based courses. Select courses run each year in July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply concepts, processes, and the practice of information and communication technology (ICT)
- Incorporate privacy and access to information legislation, policy, and best practices into ICT design and systems management
- Demonstrate an understanding of and proficiency with the business operations skills required to be successful in ICT
- Demonstrate effective leadership practices that align with your organizational values and mission, encouraging meaningful and productive engagement in your organization's success
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Information technology, communication technology, cyber security, data management, project management, risk management, and systems administration careers
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.