Enhance your knowledge, skills and abilities in effective human resources management and advance the strategic goals of your school board.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Human Resources Management for School Board Administration consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction and one day for the final exam.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply key theoretical concepts of human resources management to operations within a school board environment
- Utilize research-based and current best practices to address critical and complex issues impacting human resources management
- Demonstrate knowledge and effective application of current legislation, regulations, standards, and policies impacting human resources management
- Explain and apply key principles and practices to enhance employee satisfaction and promote a positive and productive organizational culture within the school board environment
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more for each of the four courses to earn this certificate. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Human resources, employee wellness, labour relations, attendance management, disability management, and privacy and information management careers
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.