Advance the strategic goals of your school board through effective human resources management. Learn about labour-management relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, and how you can foster a healthy workplace for all individuals within your organization.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Human Resources Management for School Board Administration consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
The curriculum reflects the latest information, issues and challenges facing Ontario school boards.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of human resources management in your organization
- Develop an understanding of the process, issues and techniques involved in developing and administering a total compensation system within the school board
- Master labour-management relations such as collective bargaining, mediation, negotiation, and administration of collective agreements
- Understand the theory behind individuals, groups and teams within organizations
- Improve the organizational effectiveness within your school board
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Human resources management career within a school board or related sector or field
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
The certificate program is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).