Looking to gain specific accounting knowledge—including skills in financial management, taxation, and auditing—without enrolling in a business program? Our new Certificate in Accounting will help you acquire the accounting skills you're looking for in a program that can be completed entirely online.
This program is available to both University of Guelph degree students and Open Learning program students, with the exception of those enrolled in the bachelor of commerce, minor in accounting, or minor in business.
With a total of five online courses to complete, this certificate program will provide you with the foundational knowledge to improve your financial literacy.
Upon successful completing of this program, you will be able to:
- Perform functions of the accounting cycle for a simple business
- Identify and explain components of a financial statement
- Evaluate and apply cost management techniques for specific costing decisions
- Determine the limitations of analysis tools in real business situations and how to address them
- Develop an appropriate plan to support financial management decisions
- General Accountant
- Financial Clerk
- Office Manager
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application required.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of one required course and four electives. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our Main Office.