Gain the expertise required for effective supply chain management in the school board environment and broader public sector (higher education, municipalities, hospitals, etc.), and develop a deeper understanding of the critical issues currently facing the field—including legislative and regulatory change, costing, and risk.
Learn how to form strategic sourcing decisions, utilize various methods of procurement, manage the competitive bidding process, and navigate stakeholder, supplier and vendor relationships from negotiation to dissolution. While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments.
With a total of four courses to complete, this certificate program allows you to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the processes, techniques, and tools utilized in public procurement
- Identify, interpret, mitigate, and respond to legal, ethical, and legislative aspects that impact public procurement
- Apply strategies and tactics to effectively manage and continuously improve day-to-day functions related to public procurement
- Employ a working knowledge of best practices in competitive bid development and contract management
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, suppliers, and vendors within various points of the procurement life cycle, including sourcing, bidding, evaluating, negotiating, contracting, executing, and measuring
- Explain the importance and implications of ethical conduct and professionalism within public procurement
- Utilize sound practices to employ documentation management best practices throughout the procurement life cycle to ensure compliance and prepare for potential audits
- Supply Chain Management
- Contract Management
The program requires the completion of four required courses. You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more for each of the four courses to earn this certificate.
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis and there is no application required. This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes before the start of the semester.
Complete 4 required courses. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It will take approximately 4 years at one course per year to complete and receive the certificate.
The price per course is currently $955. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.