This program will provide you with the expertise required for effective supply chain management in the school board environment and public sector. Learn how to form strategic sourcing decisions, utilize various methods of procurement, manage the competitive bidding process, and navigate supplier/vendor relationships from negotiation to dissolution.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Supply Chain Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the processes, techniques and tools utilized in supply chain management and their importance in Ontario school boards
- Identify, interpret, mitigate and respond to the legal, ethical and legislative aspects that impact supply chain management in the public sector
- Apply strategies and tactics to effectively manage and continuously improve day-to-day functions related to supply chain management
- Employ a working knowledge of best practices in competitive bid development and contract management
- Utilize stakeholder management techniques within the evaluation, negotiation and resolution process
- Demonstrate your ability to manage stakeholders, lead negotiations, and facilitate change within the supply chain management process
- Explain the importance and implications of ethical conduct and professionalism within supply chain management
- Employ documentation management best practices throughout the supply chain management cycle to ensure compliance and prepare for potential audits
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Supply chain management, as well as procurement or contract management career within a school board or related sector or field
If you would like additional information about this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
The certificate program is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).