In today's dynamic business environment, effective human resources (HR) management is the driving force behind success. Recognizing the contributions of people and their unique value is fundamental to building a great business. As a qualified HR professional, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the formulation of human resources management systems that enable organizations to achieve strategic business goals and enhance overall organizational performance.
The Human Resources Management diploma program has been developed to provide you with the fundamental knowledge, skills and values to become a successful HR professional. The courses--all approved by the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA)--have been designed to assist you with understanding the day-to-day realities of working within the HR field. The courses include a mix of lectures, case studies, small group work, simulations and role playing. Our program instructors bring a wealth of knowledge and relevant work experience to the classroom. These experts will guide and coach you to develop the core competencies required to be proficient in the field of HR. If you are interested in a career in HR or are already working as an HR professional and looking to upgrade your skills, then the HR Management diploma program may be just right for you.
With a total of 10 courses to complete, the Diploma in Human Resources Management will provide you with the education to begin your HR career.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Apply the theories and concepts of human resources management as they relate to the professional practice of a human resources professional
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in the areas of human resources functions such as strategic human resources planning, job analysis and design, labour relations, compensation and benefits, legal compliance, reporting and financial management, recruitment and selection, learning and development and occupational health and safety
- Implement ethical and moral practices as a human resources professional
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze human resources management problems and challenges in order to find flexible and creative solutions
- Realize the importance of continuing education and professional development in human resources management
- Research the literature and select evidence that will inform professional practice and decision-making
- HR Assistant
- HR Generalist
- Payroll Analyst
- Compensation and Benefits Specialist
- Employee Relations Advisor
This program requires the completion of nine required courses and one elective. Courses may be taken in any order.
Each course is 11 weeks in length and delivered one night a week.
At least one elective is offered in each semester.
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis and there is no application required. This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age or have completed Grade 12 or equivalent. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes ten days after the start of the semester.
Complete nine required courses and one elective course. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
Once enrolled in the program, you will have 10 years to complete the program requirements.
The price per course is currently $525. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.