Develop or enhance your skills and knowledge of Ontario school board business operations and functions.
Developed in partnership with the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO), the Diploma in School Board Administration (DSBA) is designed for those working or seeking to work within an Ontario school board environment.
With a total of 10 courses to complete, the diploma will provide you with a solid understanding of Ontario school board operations.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Expand your career opportunities and gain a competitive edge
- Describe the factors that influence organizational structures of school boards across the province of Ontario
- Examine the roles, responsibilities and relationships of business professionals within the school board environment
- Analyze how the work of business departments directly supports and impacts on student success, staff effectiveness, and community confidence
- Enhance your ability to inform and contribute to strategic decisions
- Augment your capacity to lead, manage and optimize business operations
- Build on current knowledge and skills in your business role
- School Business Official
- Vice Principal
- Director of Education
This program requires the completion of six required online courses and four electives. Courses within the Public Sector Business Operations certificates comprise the Diploma in School Board Administration electives. Courses may be taken in any order. You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more for each of the four courses to earn this diploma.
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis. Students must have completed secondary school or equivalent to enrol in this program. There are no credit transfers available. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes one day after the start of the semester for required courses, and before the start of the semester for electives.
Complete six required courses and four elective course. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
The diploma program typically takes two years to complete. There are no maximum time restrictions, therefore, you may take as long as you need to successfully complete program requirements.
The price per course is currently $995. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our Main Office.
Public Sector Business Operations Certificate Programs
Courses within the following seven certificate programs comprise the Diploma in School Board Administration elective courses.
- Certificate in Disability Management
- Certificate in Facilities Management
- Certificate in Human Resources Management for School Board Administration
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management
- Certificate in Information Management, Privacy, and Access
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement