Increase your knowledge of business concepts without enrolling in a traditional business degree program. With only five online courses to complete, this certificate is a great way to begin or continue your business education.
This certificate program concentrates on the functional areas of business. You have the flexibility to customize your learning through a choice of electives—focus on one particular subject area or select from different subject areas for a broader approach.
The Certificate in Business is offered through the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics and is available to both University of Guelph degree students and Open Learning program students.
This is an ideal program for individuals who are not enrolled in a commerce program.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles of business
- Explain the significance of the macro environment to the success of businesses
- Describe the roles of small business and entrepreneurship in job growth and demonstrate general knowledge of the principles of starting a business and analyzing businesses
- Apply course concepts to news as it applies to real world business
- Apply strategic management and other course concepts to your career planning including your vision, goals and objectives
- Business Owner
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of one required course and four electives. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.