The Certificate in Business is designed to be beneficial to those who are not enrolled in a business program but wish to gain knowledge of business concepts. It provides participants with opportunities to develop the professional skills essential for success in business environments. The functional areas of business are introduced in the required courses.
Participants may customize their learning through their choice of electives by either focusing on one particular subject area or selecting from different subject areas for more breadth. The Certificate in Business, which is available to both undergraduate students and open learners, is offered through the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics.
With a total of five courses to complete, this certificate is a great way to begin or continue your business education.
Upon successful completing of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles of business.
- Explain the significance of the macro environment to the success of businesses.
- Describe the roles of small business and entrepreneurship in job growth and demonstrate general knowledge of the principles of starting a business and analyzing businesses.
- Apply course concepts to news as it applies to real world businesses.
- Apply strategic management and other course concepts to your career planning including your vision, goals and objectives.
- Business Owner
This program requires the completion of one required course and four electives. Courses may be taken in any order.
A Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis. Please note that some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
Complete one required course and four elective courses. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It will take approximately 2 years from the start of your first course to complete and receive the certificate..
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our Main Office.