Expand on your capacity and appreciation for environmental protection, conservation, preservation, education and research. Earn the credentials for professional advancement in the environmental industry or study for personal enrichment.
A variety of courses are offered to allow you to customize your program to your area of interest or profession.
The University of Guelph is a leading institution in Environmental Sciences. The School of Environmental Sciences, recognized for its excellence and contributions to the environmental science industry, was established in 1992. With a fresh and future-oriented outlook, the School of Environmental Sciences' programs are based on a long-standing tradition of environmental research.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Articulate the general trends in global environmental changes, along with the mechanisms by which local processes influence global processes and vice versa
- Identify the factors that influence the vulnerability of a community or a region to global environmental change
- Conduct a simple environmental inventory and understand your own regional landscape
- Reflect on the ethical implications of environmental stewardship and sustainable development at both global and local levels, and develop a personal environmental ethic
- Environmental Project Coordinator
- Conservation Coordinator
- Wildlife Specialist
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of one required course and five electives, including at least two at the 3000 or 4000 level. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.