Gain a comprehensive overview of the hospitality industry, a sound understanding of motivators and performance enhancement principles, as well as financial management skills to help you succeed as a hospitality professional.
Advance your hospitality career through engaging learning activities, participate at a time and place convenient to you without losing valuable time away from guests and clients, and network with a diverse group of hospitality professionals.
The University of Guelph's School of Hospitality, Food & Tourist (HFTM) is recognized, in Canada and internationally, for its excellence and innovation in the field of hospitality and tourism. HFTM offers management development programs, undergraduate degrees and an MBA program, all of which can be completed online or on campus.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the cost control cycle including its effect on a operation’s profitability
- Evaluate a restaurant’s menu, pricing and sales strategies, including their effect on various aspects of the organization
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of individual level (micro), and group and organizational level (macro) factors in fostering organizational success
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate organizational behaviour information
- Accommodation Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Event Planner
- Food Operations Manager
- Front of House Worker
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of five required courses. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.