Become an effective leader. Explore new leadership models that engage and empower employees so you can make a difference in your organization.
This program aims to build on your strengths and equip you with the necessary leadership skills to help you thrive in today's dynamic workplace. Complement your studies with concrete experience by completing 120 hours of leadership practice.
To support our communities and businesses, OpenEd has partnered with the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics to create this well-respected certificate program.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will have gained:
- A historical and theoretical understanding of leadership with particular emphasis on contemporary theories, models and research
- An ability to balance management knowledge and strategic leadership competencies
- A broad and multifaceted perspective on the challenges of acquiring, developing, engaging and leading people in pursuit of organizational effectiveness
- The skills to apply contemporary leadership theories and models to real life problems
- Leadership experience by completing 120 hours of leadership practice
- Non-profit Organization Manager
- Team Leader
- Human Resources Professional
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of three required courses, two electives, and 120 hours of leadership practice. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.