Gain a solid foundation of the key concepts related to Canadian government, policy and administration.
This online certificate is beneficial to individuals currently working or seeking employment in the public sector or quasi-public sector, as well as undergraduate students majoring in public management, political science, criminal justice, and public policy.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how public policy studies fits within the field of political science
- Describe how public policy fits within the broader system of government (legislative, executive, judicial branches) and politics (ideology, public opinion, parties and elections, interest group mobilization, etc.)
- Select and apply theoretical approaches to policy problems and selected case studies using critical analysis
- Locate and analyze policy information from source documents and secondary literature
- Understand of the role that the bureaucracy plays in the Canadian system of government
- Public Policy and Government Affairs Advisor
- Policy Analyst
- Policy Advisor
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of two required courses and three electives. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.