Gain a broad understanding of food science by concentrating on the chemistry, microbiology and processing of foods, and on the maintenance of food safety and quality throughout. If you are looking to advance your career in the food industry, develop new job responsibilities in a food-related industry, or build food industry skills for a new position or change in career, then this program is well suited for you.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the interrelationships between the major food science disciplines
- Identify common food processing principles
- Examine the impact of food consumption and the food industry upon society
- Describe basic chemical, physical and biological properties of foods
- Apply mathematical skills to food processing problems
- Food Scientist
- Food Safety Inspector
- Packaging Specialist
- Food Microbiologist
- Food Product Developer
- This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enrolment is done on a course-by-course basis; there is no certificate application process.
- Some courses have an approval process that must be completed prior to confirming enrolment.
- Course availability changes each semester; it is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens.
- Course registration closes four days after the start of the semester.
This program requires the completion of four required courses and one elective. The courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisite requirements are met.
Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
It takes approximately two years to complete the program.
The price per course is currently $683.39. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.