As a golf course superintendent or turf manager, can you maintain healthy playing conditions while respecting environmental needs such as wildlife health and water quality? Can players be offered the best in playing conditions without herbicides and extensive fertilizer use? Understand the complexities of golf course management and gain strategies for creating healthy and beautiful playing conditions while respecting natural elements and complying with regulations.
With a total of six online courses to complete, this program provides valuable insight into golf course design and construction techniques, tree care, and other best management practices related to the environmental care of golf courses.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Implement turf management practices that offer the best conditions for clients
- Utilize your design and project construction skills within the golf environment to meet the project expectations of clients
- Identify and select turf species and landscape management practices that will have a desired impact on the golf experience and landscape
- Interpret the critical aspects of various turf management techniques
- Implement environmentally sustainable practices to enhance turf quality
- Public or private golf course manager
- Public or private golf course superintendent
The program requires the completion of six required courses. Courses may be taken in any order.
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis and there is no application required. This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes six days after the start of the semester.
Complete six required courses. Request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal once all requirements are met.
You have a maximum 5 years to complete the required courses toward a particular certificate and/or diploma. The maximum number of years is presently under review and will be posted on the website once confirmed.
The price per course is currently $595. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our Main Office.