As a golf course superintendent or turf manager, can you maintain healthy playing conditions while respecting environmental needs such as wildlife health and water quality? Can players be offered the best in playing conditions without herbicides and extensive fertilizer use? Understand the complexities of golf course management and gain strategies for creating healthy and beautiful playing conditions while respecting natural elements and complying with regulations.
About the Certificate
The Maintaining Golf Courses Certificate consists of six required online courses. Throughout the program, you will gain valuable insight into golf course design and construction techniques, tree care, and other best management practices related to the environmental care of golf courses. Develop practical and applied skills to design, construct and manage golf courses and turf, keeping the sustainable care of turf and plant communities at the forefront.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Implement turf management practices that offer the best conditions for clients
- Utilize your design and project construction skills within the golf environment to meet the project expectations of clients
- Identify and select turf species and landscape management practices that will have a desired impact on the golf experience and landscape
- Interpret the critical aspects of various turf management techniques
- Implement environmentally sustainable practices to enhance turf quality
- Public or private golf course manager or superintendent
If you would like additional information on this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
When you have completed all the requirements for this certificate, you can request your parchment through the OpenEd Student Portal.