Students will gain a broad understanding of how Information and Communication Technology (ICT) departments operate with respect to governance, including school board policies and procedures, legislation, and Ministry regulations. Students will gain a solid understanding of policies, procedures, and funding models and their impact on ICT departments in public sector organizations. In addition, a number of learning modalities using ICT, including their relationship to governance, will be explored to understand their uses and mechanisms of delivery.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Respond to the ICTM standards and implications from the Education Act, Ministry of Education and School Board policies/procedures.
2. Forecast and plan ICTM budgets while building financial sustainability.
3. Inform decision making and planning around different learning delivery method.
- Understanding Governance
- School Board Governance
- School Board Policy and Procedures
- Impact of Governance on Funding
- Learning Modalities and ICTM Involvement
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.